The panelists were Blake Carver, LYRASIS; Lauren Comito, Queens (N.Y.) Library; Laura Costello, Stony Brook (N.Y.) University; Carolyn Coulter, PrairieCat Library Consortium; and Nick Grove, Meridian (Idaho) Library District.
Here are some of the questions:
What is the next top tech trend?
- Comito: Teaching underlying concepts, not specific devices.
- Costello: Real-time library data: What are patrons’ favorite chairs? Is the library busy now?
- Grove: Virtual reality and how it will play out in libraries.
- Coulter: Balancing access and privacy.
- Carver: Super-fast, super-easy app development; huge, cross-platform software that anyone can design and implement.