Director Job Opening
The Nicolet Federated Library System seeks a strong library advocate and experienced public library leader to serve as its next System Director. The candidate will provide NFLS and its communities a direction for the future, engaging its members in strategic planning and working in the current budgetary environment. The candidate will be the System voice for the future as he/she works with community leaders to advocate for public library systems across Wisconsin.
The System Director is expected to provide visionary leadership in administering the NFLS under the general direction of a sixteen member, county-selected Board of Trustees. The NFLS serves eight counties and 42 libraries in Northeast Wisconsin, with its office located in the Green Bay metro area. The director and staff, in consultation with member libraries, formulate strategic plans, budgets, contracts, and seek grants that provide library patrons the most efficient and state-of-the-art library services.
- MLS from an ALA-accredited library school
- Demonstrated administrative and personnel management skills in a public library or public library system
- Excellent communication skills; demonstrated ability to work with a variety of people
- At least three years of progressive leadership experience
- Knowledge of current challenges facing Wisconsin library systems
- Ability to advocate for NFLS member libraries and their communities
Candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names, phone numbers and email addresses of three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org, attn: Search Committee.
Review of applications will begin October 2nd and continue until the position is filled. Expected start date is January 3, 2018.
About Green Bay