In 2015, NFLS provided two grants up to $300, geared toward support staff at NFLS-member libraries.
Support staff are typically the first line of contact with patrons, but often don’t have the time or funds to attend events or conferences to further their skills.
The program was beneficial for everyone involved in 2015, and the program will continue in 2016.
Grant Guidelines and Stipulations
- The grant is open to any NFLS library member who is not a library director.
- Anyone who wishes to apply will have to complete a grant application by March 31. Notifications will be given by April 5.
- The grant is not a match, meaning grant applicants will not have to match the amount of money they are receiving.
- The activity or event must be completed before October 31, 2016.
- Once the educational event is completed and an expense form is turned in, grant applicants will be reimbursed for the amount of up to $300.
- Within three months of the event or activity, applicants will be expected to conduct a 30-minute webinar training on what was learned and how they will apply this to their library. The NFLS Continuing Education Coordinator will work with the applicants on focusing on a topic, presentation and delivery.
Please talk to your library director to see if this would be a good opportunity for you, or to get the application link.