The purpose of these grants is to provide support staff the opportunity to attend a conference, class or activity that will enhance their learning. It is also meant to serve as a tool for support staff developing their technology and presentation skills. The program was beneficial for everyone involved in 2015 and 2016, and the program will continue in 2017.
Grant Guidelines and Stipulations:
- The grant is open to any NFLS library member who is not a library director.
2. Anyone who wishes to apply will have to complete a grant application by March 24. Notifications will be given by March 28.
3. The grant is not a match, meaning grant applicants will not have to match the amount of money they are receiving.
4. The activity or event must be completed before October 31, 2017.
5. Once the educational event is completed and an expense form is turned in, grant applicants will be reimbursed for the amount up to (but not to exceed) $300.
6. Within three months of the event or activity, applicants will be expected to conduct a 30-minute webinar training on what was learned and how they will apply this to their library. The NFLS Continuing Education Coordinator will work with the applicants on focusing on a topic, presentation and delivery.
The online application can be found here.