- We are able to award six (6) certification course scholarships for this fall! Applications are due by 5pm Friday, August 2. Anyone needing to take a certification course this fall who is planning to apply for a scholarship could register and pay, and we would refund that money if the scholarships are awarded. Otherwise, they could wait to register until the week of August 12th, when we announce the winners (with the caveat that if they’re paying by check it may be better to get that done first and get a refund depending on how long their library’s process is likely to take). Scholarship information is here: https://ischool.wisc.edu/continuing-education/certification-scholarship.
- Fall 2019 class registration is now open! If you have any new directors who need to sign up for certification courses, now is the time to remind them to register. Registration information is here: https://ischool.wisc.edu/continuing-education. This fall’s certification courses are:
- Basic Public Library Administration: September 16 - December 8, 2019
- Advanced Public Library Administration: September 9 - December 1, 2019
- Public and Community Library Services: September 16 - December 8, 2019
- As a reminder, due to a recent UW policy change we must receive payment upon registration for all courses starting this fall. If you have people in libraries who cannot pay with a credit card (credit card payments may be made online or by phone), there is a form on our website that they will need to print and mail in with payment. I suggest that especially those who need to pay by check start that registration process now, as it can sometimes take a while to wend its way to us and we want to make sure that check-paying directors have time to get registered and set up without any delays in the certification courses.
- We now have a “shopping cart” feature on our website for those who would like to register online for multiple classes. https://ischool.wisc.edu/continuing-education
- We’d love see program proposals from Wisconsin public libraries for our April 2020 Lead the Way Conference! All selected proposals will receive one complimentary registration to the conference. Proposals are due by Sept 6. https://ischool.wisc.edu/continuing-education/engage#CFPLeadTheWay
Please feel free to touch base with Meredith Lowe or Anna Palmer if you have any questions.