Just a quick update to say the app appears to be running smoother now. Most of the issues impacted version 1.0 account holders or those helping out with testing version 2.0.
The issues we were aware of have been resolved and include:
1)Missing books from book lists. Data has been reloaded and book lists should be restored. The only book records that may be missing include library overrides. In this case, we would apologize to the user and ask them to come into the library to have the library staff do the override again. The override is used in the case when a person transitions from a paper log to the digital but doesn’t necessarily want to manually add the books in.
2)Book count on home page/screen not matching book list count. Users were reporting that
Please feel free to use the materials I put together to get the word out about the app. I have quite a few of the attached posters in hard copy if anyone is interested (the hard copies don’t have any text where you see Waukesha Public Library listed). You could put a message in the blank space about downloading the app to track books.
I’m crossing my fingers we have made it through these growing pains. My next objective will be to get some useful reports loaded so all systems or libraries can run their own usage reports.
Please contact me if you have any questions or need clarification.
Coordinator of Youth and Special Needs Services
Bridges Library System (formerly the Waukesha County Federated Library System)