Library marketing resources
Go to your desired topic:
Library Marketing Plan template
Based on Kathy Dempsey’s “Cycle of True Marketing,” a state-wide Wisconsin public library system marketing cohort has drafted a marketing plan template that any library of any size can model and adapt. The template includes:
- A customizable marketing framework that can be adapted to suit a library’s unique needs and community
- A sample marketing plan, budget, and calendar guides
- Links to resources that expand on the information presented
For immediate questions, contact:
Jamie Matczak, WVLS, firstname.lastname@example.org, (920) 455-0668
Mark Ibach, SCLS, email@example.com, (608) 246-5612
Chad Glamann, OWLS, firstname.lastname@example.org, (920) 832-4607
Lori Baumgart, NFLS, email@example.com, (920) 448-4413
Overdrive Resource Center
OverDrive's Resource Center is designed to help libraries increase circulation, find new users, and make the most of their investment in their digital collection. Here you will find tools and assistance for:
- Marketing & Outreach: Get the word out about our OverDrive collection with free print and digital assets, communication templates, and programming & event ideas, including:
- View recommended Collection Development lists created by OverDrive's Collection Development Librarians to help find the best titles for our digital collection based on reviews, media coverage and more.
- Learn about apps, features, and service enhancements to maximize our digital collection and reach more users.
Photo release forms
Photographs can be a great way to market your library and its programs throughout the community. However, be sure you have the proper permission from your "subjects" before taking their photo. Following are some resources to which you can go for forms and more information:
Digital Byte: Tips for Taking Better Photos: Watch this 8-minute video to learn about 13 tips for taking better photos (especially with a smart phone). Presented by Jamie Matczak, Wisconsin Valley Library Service.
ALA press kits
The ALA (American Library Association) website has a variety of press kits for national library initiatives, such as Library Card Sign-up Month, Teen Read Week and Banned Books Week. Press kits include photos, press releases, PSAs and more.
Marketing tips & tools