Participating in Wisconsin’s 2019-2020 Battle of the Books? Penworthy makes it quick and easy to purchase all of the titles you need. The BOB order form includes the Elementary, Middle, and Senior Battle of the Books titles in the best binding available. You may order all 58 titles for $977.70 or pick-and-choose the titles you need. > > LEARN MORE
NorthEast Wisconsin Intertype Libraries, or more commonly known as NEWIL, servicing Brown, Door, Florence, Kewaunee, Marinette, Menominee, Oconto and Shawano counties, is one of several multitype library organizations in the state of Wisconsin. It was founded in 1967 to develop and share information sources in Northeast Wisconsin. NEWIL presently has over 30 members representing academic, public, school and special libraries.
NEWIL is governed by a Board of Directors that meets bi-monthly. The General Membership meets in spring and fall.
Invoices will be sent to libraries in mid-February assessing NEWIL annual dues: ($50 for full members). Full members are main public libraries and high school libraries. School districts with multiple high schools are charged $50 per high school.
NEWIL reimburses net-lending libraries for filling requests for libraries outside of the NEWIL area. These lending libraries include: Lawrence University, Northeast Wisconsin Technical College (NWTC), St. Norbert College and the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay (Cofrin) Library.
OFFICERS FOR 2017
PRESIDENT: Jennifer Thiele, Marinette Consolidated Library Service
TREASURER: Kristie Hauer, Shawano City-County Library
Membership in the Northeast Wisconsin Intertype Libraries (NEWIL) entitles members to the following:
- Continuing Education Workshops and Webinars
- NEWIL sponsors a yearly educational event that pertains to all of its members. Information on events will be located on this page.
- Courtesy cards issued to use and check out materials from NEWIL member libraries such as access to UW-Green Bay, Bellin, St Vincent and St. Norbert libraries.
- Courtesy Cards are meant to be used as a one-time usage of loaning library materials between NEWIL member libraries. The loan of library materials is subject to the rules and regulations of lending libraries.
- If you are a current NEWIL member and would like to issue a Courtesy Card to a library patron, please email email@example.com.
- Interlibrary loan of materials from participating NEWIL members and through the Nicolet Federated Library System clearinghouse.
- NEWIL Email Discussion provides members with an opportunity to question all NEWIL members via email about library-related issues.
- Professional Networking
- Grants for Continuing Educational programs nationally and within Wisconsin:
NEWIL Education Grants are one part of its response to fulfilling its goal of fostering the professional growth of its members. The purpose of the grant program is to assist staff of member library institutions in attending workshops, programs, conferences and other educational activities by reimbursing some of the costs incurred.