BadgerLink resources and Super Search will be offline at 7pm on Friday, August 9th, and be back online at 7am on Monday morning, August 12th. This upgrade will not affect functionality of any BadgerLink resource, however the Super Search platform will see new features and more modern styling, and the BadgerLink authenticated URLs will change. Super Search screen shots and help documents will be posted very soon!
For library and school staff:
- Effective August 12th all BadgerLink authenticated URLs will change. Our vendor is providing a redirect for up to 6 months.
- Any library or school that places these authenticated URLs on a website, within a proxy, or in another SSO application such as OpenAthens, will need to edit the URLs no later than early February 2020 in order to continue providing users access outside of the BadgerLink website.
- For reference the current authenticated URL structure is: https://www.wiscat.net/homepages/CustomerWide/ValidateGlobalIP.asp?cuid=stwi&lid=stwi&dataid=71&term=
- The new URL structure will be formatted as: https://www.wiscat.net/ext/validateglobal.php?cid=stwi&lid=stwi&dataid=71
For BadgerLink users:
- Access to all resources, either through the BadgerLink website or through your library/school website, will be down August 9-12.
- If you have issues accessing any resource after the upgrade and are navigating through your library or school website, try the BadgerLink website instead. Contact us if you continue to have any issues.
Thank you for your understanding during this downtime! Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns.